I said to myself I’m going to make a chicken sandwich but not a regular chicken sandwich but…
A Gourmet Chicken Sandwiches, Serves 4 — Add your favorite side dish with to this. I did onion strings (Click here for the recipe).
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
4-5 Sliced Mushrooms
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved crosswise and pounded to 1-inch thickness, if necessary
Nonstick cooking spray
4 slices Munster Cheese
4 hamburger buns (get from the bakery) not off the shelf
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; cook 25 minutes or until onions are deeply caramelized, stirring frequently. This step can be done up to 3 days in advance. Re-warm onions in the microwave or in a small pan on the grill before proceeding.
2. Sauté your mushrooms in a little butter – then set aside.
3. Pull out the grill or if you have a grill on your stove and get to grilling until the chicken is done to your sanctification…With me “Well Done” leave a little room for the buns.
4. While the chicken is grilling, cut your buns in half, lightly butter and grill them until they are lightly toasted.
5. Place cheese slices on chicken pieces. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Build sandwiches using hamburger buns, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and chicken. You can add anything else your little heart desire to dress up your sandwich!
Let Over 40 & Killing it® be your go-to resource in obtaining the lifestyle you deserve; over 40 dating tips, redefining your style, how to remain ageless, over 40 nightlife, and starting an online business.
I also invite you to share your story, send me an email to email@example.com. In the subject line add, “My Story,” “Advice,” or “My Question.” Your story or advice needs to be heard. We can learn from each other.
I love coaching the “Over 40” Nouveau Single Ladies & Gentlemen via my workshops who are re-entering the dating scene or who just want to learn how to be single again, redefine their style or upgrade their lifestyle.
So until we meet again my Dear Friends, Stay Cool, Classy and Keep on Killing It. And remember NEVER, give up! NEVER be denied! You’re NEVER too old! NEVER look back! Peace!
Everything is better, “Over Cocktails or Coffee!” ~~kah