I wear lip gloss and eyelashes if I’m going out. A sexy lip and eye will take you far!
THIN LIPS Make thin lips look fuller and accentuate their shape by outlining just outside their natural edge with a lip liner. Brush on a lip color inside the line you have drawn. Avoid using very matte colors as these can make lips look even thinner; slightly glossy colors will make lips look fuller.
Uneven Lips Balance an uneven top lip by outlining just outside the thinner half of the lip and along the natural edge of the fuller half using a lip liner. Check that the line is even, then outline the lower lip. Brush on a lip color inside the line. II lips still look uneven, add more color to the thinner half of the lip.
SHAPELESS LIPS Give lips more definition by outlining the top lip with a lip liner to emphasize the “m” in the middle and so create more of a cupid’s bow. Outline just outside the natural edge of the lower lip to make it look fuller. Brush on a strong lip color to help give the lips, even more, definition.
FULL LIPS Make full lips appear thinner by lightly covering them with a foundation to help blur the edges. Using a lip liner, outline lips just inside their natural edge, then brush on a lip color, being careful not go outside the line. Avoid pearly or glossy colors as these will make the lips look even fuller.
UNEVEN COLOR Balance different-colored lips by covering both with a little foundation. Outline lips with a lip liner, then brush a darker shade of your chosen lip color onto until it looks lighter, on a lighter shade onto the one that looks darker. Purse the lips gently together to even out the color more.
(source: Dk publishing Inc – Classic Makeup and Beauty – Mary Quant & makeup-bellezza.com)
Having smooth, healthy looking lips is just as important as keeping your face, neck, and hands youthful. Here’s one of my all natural secrets I use to sustain my youthful looking lips. I hate cracked dry looking lips. Since is so easy to keep them looking fresh and smooth.
Not only am I into an all natural look, I prefer when I can use an all natural product. So I’ve created a brown sugar lip scrub.
Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar (I use the dark brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp of honey or agave nectar (I alternate between the 2 each time I make a new container)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mixing bowl
- small glass container
- Grab the mixing bowl and add the honey or agave nectar and olive oil mix together.
- Now slowly add the brown sugar. The brown sugar is fantastic. It will gently exfoliate the dead skin and sooth those chapped lips.
- And last add the lovely smelling vanilla extract and mix together until all ingredients are combined.
- Then spoon into a glass container.
- Now I store most of my skin products in a small fridge.
For the fun part…
- Scrub on lips in a circular motion for about 3 minutes (You can use your finger or a white wash cloth)
- Then let set for about a minute
- Wipe off with warm water
- Then apply a couple of drops of Vitamin E … Wait a couple of minutes then apply Vaseline
- In the winter, I do this almost every evening because I live in the North East. During the summer months, every other night.
Your lips and hands show your age just like the lines on your face and neck…TAKE CARE OF YOUR LIPS.
Let Over 40 & Killing it® be your go-to resource in obtaining the lifestyle you deserve; over 40 dating tips, redefining your style, how to remain ageless, over 40 nightlife, and starting an online business.
I also invite you to share your story, send me an email to email@example.com. In the subject line add, “My Story,” “Advice,” or “My Question.” Your story or advice needs to be heard. We can learn from each other.
I love coaching the “Over 40” Nouveau Single Ladies & Gentlemen via my workshops who are re-entering the dating scene or who just want to learn how to be single again, redefine their style or upgrade their lifestyle.
So until we meet again my Dear Friends, Stay Cool, Classy and Keep on Killing It. And remember NEVER, give up! NEVER be denied! You’re NEVER too old! NEVER look back! Peace!
Everything is better, “Over Cocktails or Coffee!” ~~kah