It’s tough living a life as a creative person. I’m blessed with this stressed. However, I would love my gifts even more if I could sleep properly.
Here’s an OV40 sleep tip #3; those days you feel exhausted and sluggish, that night grab a spray bottle, add a couple of drops of lavender oil to distilled water and mist your pillow before sleepy time. This will help you calm your thoughts that will allow you to drift off into la la land.
Lavender oil like coconut oil can be listed as a “jack of all trades” oil. Of course, it smells divine but it is also instrumental in remaining ageless and promoting a healthy and natural lifestyle. So instead of just giving you one useful way to use lavender, here are nine more.
- Eliminate nausea – Breathe in the lavender oil, straight from the bottle and exhale. Inhale and then exhale about 3 times more if you desire. Then dab the oil on your tummy, temples, and wrists, this too will aid in eliminating nausea.
- I say this all time, people will take care of their face and neck but forget their lips. Having dry, chapped, and cracked lips is very unappealing and it shows your age just like your hands. This can affect all ages. So soften those lips up by mixing a tablespoon of lavender oil with a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, rub on your lips to exfoliate and get rid of the dead skin for a smooth, sexier and healthier look. Rinse with warm, then apply a small amount lavender oil to your lips as a gloss. You can check out my blog post on healthy and sexy lips.
- Do your thoughts race at night? Do you toss and turn trying to doze off into la la land? Are you into natural remedies instead of the over-the-counter sleep aids? Well, lavender oil is your answer. Grab a spray bottle, apply a couple of drop to 8 ounces of distilled water and mist your pillow. This faint scent will settle those thoughts and send you off into a peaceful sleep.
- While we’re on the subject of settling those thoughts, sometimes our thoughts overtake us and we find ourselves not being able to concentrate. Lavender oil to the rescue. Again inhale the lavender oil but mix it with a little peppermint or my fav gardenia oil. Stated in #3, the lavender oil will help you calm your mind and will help you focus on a single thought by quieting all the other noise that’s vying for your attention.
- Soothe your sunburn by applying a couple of drops of lavender oil to the affected area. The oil will help reduce redness and soothe the pain.
- Clean those cuts and sanitize those scars, oils have antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-microbial functions. Soak a cotton ball with lavender oil and apply it on the cut or scar, it will act as a natural disinfectant.
- It’s Summertime and our little furry friends are bothered and bitten by pesky bugs. Massage a couple of drops of lavender oil on your pet’s fur to calm their itchy skin and to keep at bay other pesky bugs especially the fleas.
- Those pesky bugs don’t discriminate they come after us humans as well. Once bitten, rub a couple of drops of the oil onto the itchy bug bit for a natural soothing relief.
- Oily face? Want to clear up that complexion? First, let me say chemically manufactured facial cleansers strip skin from its natural oils. I recommend adding a couple of drops of
lavender oil to a non-clogging moisturizer, click here to purchase my recommendation, Pure JoJoba (A superfine natural moisturizer, Jojoba penetrates easily, nourishing, softening and protecting the skin without clogging the pores) after you wash your face to restore natural moisture. This is especially good during the summer months.
- Saving the best for last, reducing wrinkles. The moisturizing agents in lavender oil helps keep the skin firm and supple. Grab that spray bottle of lavender oil and distilled water and mist your face or the desired area.
There you have it ladies and gentlemen, OV40 top ten uses for lavender oil. Please use at your own discretion and check with your physician to make sure you’re not allergic to this and other oils.
Let Over 40 & Killing it® be your go-to resource in obtaining the lifestyle you deserve; over 40 dating tips, redefining your style, how to remain ageless, over 40 nightlife, and starting an online business.
I also invite you to share your story, send me an email to email@example.com. In the subject line add, “My Story,” “Advice,” or “My Question.” Your story or advice needs to be heard. We can learn from each other.
I love coaching the “Over 40” Nouveau Single Ladies & Gentlemen via my workshops who are re-entering the dating scene or who just want to learn how to be single again, redefine their style or upgrade their lifestyle.
So until we meet again my Dear Friends, Stay Cool, Classy and Keep on Killing It. And remember NEVER, give up! NEVER be denied! You’re NEVER too old! NEVER look back! Peace!
Everything is better, “Over Cocktails or Coffee!” ~~kah